8.06.2014

cabin life - neighbors

Lily and Cisco

These lovelies live about 500 steps away from my tiny cabin. When I first moved out here, I could only get that far to visit them once every two or three weeks, despite the fact that I have a strong motivation to hang out with them.
Now I can walk to see them a few times a week!

They're both rescues; during the mortgage crisis they were left by their humans to starve to death. My angelic neighbors took them in.  Look how great they look!
When found, the vet gave them a 50% chance of living.
I'm so glad they made it. <3  They have a good life now, and they make my life better too.

They love apples and especially carrots.
When I run out of carrots for them, they "frisk" me and check my pockets, to make sure I'm not holding out on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment