5.06.2014

visual accessibility

You'll  notice that the background of this blog is not stark white.

That is because one of the symptoms of mold toxicity (and other neuroimmune diseases) is extreme light sensitivity.
I'm starting to get a tiny bit of relief from my years of illness-related vision problems, but I want this blog to be sensitive to the needs of my fellow sick people. :)


Whether you have problems with light sensitivity or not, you should check out the fantastic F.lux app for your computer (also iphone/ipad).

f.lux: one of my favorite apps

F.lux adjusts the brightness and blueness of your screen automatically, based on the daylight situation in your geographical location. It can help with circadian rhythms as well as being a balm for those who get migraines from bright light.

It's especially important for anyone who uses a back-lit device late at night, as staring at the bright blue-white light of a screen can mess with your sleep. (Science!)

Personally, I keep the F.lux  app open at all times, and adjust it several times a day/night.  The settings are super-flexible.  I've been using it for years, and it's invaluable to me.


4 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting again -- of course, no pressure!

    I find using the 'automatic brightness' adjustment on the iPad also helps along these lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, I just wrote this long, thoughtful comment and it was eaten by blogger. aaargh!
      using firefox, i can't even comment on my own blog. wtf, technology?

      the gist was:
      "Thank you for caring! I'm having intense ups and downs but things are all moving in the right direction, a hopeful direction.
      And how are you doing??"

      Delete
  2. Doing ups and downs here too, but today is good, so hey, winning! Hang in there, one step at a time, one day at a time...all advice I try to live, mantra-like. Going over to comment on your latest post as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I'm not good at the one-step-at-a-time thing.

    ReplyDelete